Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Emma Smith is my HERO!

In May of June of 2008, the movie "Emma Smith: My Story" came out in theaters in Boise. Levi, Estrella, and I went to see it together. It was an amazing movie that I love soooo much! Emma is a wonderful woman and someone that I aspire to be like. To quote the most recent addition to my collection "She has been called 'a rare good woman,' and she has been called 'a liar.' She has been praised, and she has been vilified. Her name has evoked strong emotions, for and against her character. Her name was Emma Hale Smith..." She suffered so much because Joseph suffered so much. She loved Joseph with her whole soul and he loved her too. After watching the movie I had the desire to be like her. I went to girls camp in June of 2008 and our parents and siblings were asked to write letters to us and at some point during camp they were given to us to read. Levi wrote in his letter, "When we were watching the Emma movie, I kept thinking, I want my little sister to be just as wonderful, beautiful, elect and as strong as her someday. She was and is a great example, just like you!" That gave me more motivation to be like her and I hope that someday I really can be like her. She is such an inspiration to me and I truly love her! In the Red Brick Store, in Nauvoo, they were selling a replica of the gold beaded necklace that Joseph gave to Emma. She wore it every single day. I wanted to buy one so bad but it was $35 and I couldn't spend my money because I was and still am saving for school. Here is the website though so you can see what it looks like, nothing special really, but I love it!http://www.redbrickstore.com/custom/cart/edit.asp?p=121297 Someday I will buy it...someday... :)
As for my favorite pictures of Emma... Liz Lemon Swindle is my very favorite. I have four favorites that I hope to own someday as well. I will be purchasing the necklace before any of these though because my oh my! They are expensive!!! haha!
First one is called: Elect Lady
Of One Heart: Emma On The Ice
Going as a Lamb
Tiny Hands
P.S. the first picture up there is missing one book, someone is reading it right now... :)

No comments: